Machine Learning is a vital sub-discipline of Artificial Intelligence.
It enables systems to learn from data & feedback provided by humans.
Opposed to the classical deterministic approach to software development machine learning allows us to build systems than learn new abilities and concepts very much like children do by observation and recognising patterns.
Day-to-day examples of applied Machine Learning include recommendation engines of big web portals as well as facial recognition and self-driving cars.
What's required to create good machine learning systems?
Resurging interest in machine learning is due to the same factors that have made data mining and Bayesian analysis more popular than ever. Things like growing volumes and varieties of available data, computational processing that is cheaper and more powerful, and affordable data storage.
All of these things mean it’s possible to quickly and automatically produce models that can analyze bigger, more complex data and deliver faster, more accurate results – even on a very large scale. And by building precise models, an organization has a better chance of identifying profitable opportunities – or avoiding unknown risks.
Why is Machine Learning Important?
- Clearly defined business outcomes.
- Quality data and preparation capabilities.
- Advanced mathematical and algorithmic understanding.
- Strong subject matter expertise & industry knowledge
- Iterative & scalable processes
Did you know?
- In machine learning, a target is called a label.
- In statistics, a target is called a dependent variable.
- A variable in statistics is called a feature in machine learning.
- A transformation in statistics is called feature creation in machine learning.
Industries that benefits from Machine Learning
Most industries working with large amounts of data have recognized the value of machine learning technology.
By gleaning insights from this data – often in real-time – organizations are able to work more efficiently or gain an advantage over competitors.
Want to know if your industry can benefit from machine-learning technology?
And many more…